All persons and institutions actively engaged or interested in Mediterranean plant taxonomy are eligible to become OPTIMA Members.
OPTIMA has three categories of members:
· Ordinary Members receive links for downloading Flora Mediterranea and Bocconea, announcements, circulars and the OPTIMA Newsletter via e-mail, benefit from reduced rates on page charges for papers in Flora Mediterranea, on for selected publications and on registration for OPTIMA Meetings, and have all the rights and benefits of being a full member.
· Institutional Members receive announcements and circulars via e-mail, the OPTIMA Newsletter, Flora Mediterranea and Bocconea in print, and benefit from reduced rates on page charges for papers in Flora Mediterranea, and for selected publications reduced rates on publications.
· Associate Members receive announcementes, circulars and the OPTIMA Newsletters via e-mail, but are not entitled to any other benefits.
The current membership rates per year are:
Ordinary (personal) members: 25 €
Associated members: free of charges
Institutional members: 120 €
Life membership: 375 €
For new members the fixed membership rates per three years are:
Ordinary (personal) members: 20 €
Thanks to an agreement signed with the Società Botanica Italiana, it has become possible to pay the Membership dues for both associations – SBI and OPTIMA – with a single money transfer, and at the same time to benefit by a discount.
Go to the Joint membership page for more details.
Payments can be made in one of the following ways:
- Credit-card or PayPal account by Paypal click here.
- Bank transfer to OPTIMA, account No. 240-396199-M3T (IBAN: CH79 0024 0240 3961 99M3T; BIC: UBSWCHZH80A), Union Bank of Switzerland, CH-8401 Wintherthur, Switzerland.
- International bank cheque or Eurocheque sent to OPTIMA Secretariat in Palermo.
Please, make sure your name is clearly written on your payment. Advance payment for two or more years, at current membership rates, are accepted. Proforma invoices (also for life membership) and receipts of payment will be sent upon request.